CNY News & Weather
Syracuse NY and Central New York local news and weather continually updated.
More News Options: Finger Lakes News | CNY Sports
- Syracuse Football Recruiting: Robert Washington Announces Today, Let's Keep Our Cool
This afternoon at 3:00 p.m., running back recruit Robert Washington makes his long-awaited commitment, and the build-up has been unlike anything I've seen in Syracuse Orange football recruiting. This isn't SU's first recent go-around with a blue chip player.
- Acc Wlax Tourney: Syracuse Defeats Duke in Semis, Takes on Unc in Sunday's Title Game
The Syracuse Orange had a quick turnaround after their win against Boston College on Thursday night. They squared off against Duke in a Friday matinee game, the second semifinal of the day.
- Feds can't find FOIA ass with both hands
The test was conducted by a project at Syracuse University. A similar, though not identical, test was conducted last year in Maryland, directed at local governments.
- Syracuse lacrosse aiming for first ACC tournament title Sunday against Duke
Chester, Pa. The setup for Sunday's ACC lacrosse title game between Syracuse and Duke possesses parallels to the teams' meeting in the event last year.
- CNY native wants to help you quit your job, take dream trek
... this self-sustaining project where people are paying it forward," he said. His sister Katie Sojewicz, who lives in Syracuse, said she is not surprised her younger brother wants to share his experiences with others. "We all grew up, both my mother ...
- The amazing story of the team of assassins who sought to avenge the Armenian genocide
The assassins included a hodgepodge of young men from around the world - a shoe factory worker in Watertown, Massachusetts; an accountant in Syracuse, New York; a former reconnaissance scout with the Russian army; a gunrunner from Constantinople, and a soldier who once served in Persia. And their mission was to avenge the 1.5 million victims of the Armenian genocide, the brutal extermination of an entire people by agents of the Ottoman empire during and after the first World War.
- We did it! Oh, no! Depends on how you see it: Syracuse, Worcester now tied for U.S. snowfall title
It looks like Syracuse and Worcester are in an unlikely tie for the national large city snowfall championship. Syracuse had been trailing, barely, after a late comeback.
- Upstate-downstate football all-star game returns after 2-year absence
... at Ithaca College. The game, organized by the New York State High School Football Coaches Association, was held in Syracuse for three years before being cancelled in 2013 after a dispute over its format. Downstate coaches balked at a change to using ...
- Robert Washington commitment decision: Syracuse football target to announce today at 3 p.m.
The wait is almost over. Syracuse football's most highly anticipated recruit in recent memory, SouthLake Christian Academy four-star running back Robert Washington, will announce his verbal commitment to one of six schools today at 3 p.m. For those who have been following Washington's recruitment since the Orange offered him as a freshman in high school, most of this information is likely old news.
- 50 Cent, G-Unit marvel backstage on fickle youth culture and problems with 'making it'
Twenty minutes before bursting onto the Carrier Dome stage for Syracuse University's Block Party , 50 Cent and G-Unit sat backstage, chatting about the first albums they ever bought. Surrounded by chocolates, brownies, salad, chicken, soda and Red Bull, 50 Cent sipped on hot tea, savoring 10 minutes to relax after traveling 10 hours from Las Vegas to Syracuse.
- Syracuse 9 - UNC 8: Orange Down Tar Heels in ACC Semis, Duke Looms
The Syracuse Orange took down the UNC Tar Heels 9-8 in a close, low scoring game. Syracuse will now move on to face the Duke Blue Devils in the ACC Championship game.
- Syracuse lacrosse defense thrives as Orange avenges earlier loss to North Carolina
Beyond the jerseys, there weren't many similarities between Syracuse's regular-season matchup with North Carolina and its encounter Friday night in the ACC tournament. Neither the Orange nor the Tar Heels established the sort of frenetic pace that led to 32 goals.
- Crews on scene after reported utility pole fire, power outage in Syracuse
Around 10:16 p.m. Friday the Syracuse Fire Department responded to a reported utility pole fire on Hiawatha Boulevard East, between North Salina and Park streets. Firefighters have since left the area, but several National Grid trucks remained.
- Embracing a life long transition
... going to be dead to the worms or dead to my family with my new self," said Costa. Rob Pusch, another transgender in Syracuse told said his experience was quite different. He says his family accepted who he was from the very beginning even when other ...
- Syracuse Crunch has new problem to deal with after Game 1 loss to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton
... bit. They carried the momentum a little bit. It's kind of on us. We've got to be tighter in the D-zone,'' said Syracuse defenseman Dylan Blujus. "Once one goes in, everybody kind of gets down,'' Koekkoek said. "We can't be doing that. We've got to ...
- Syracuse lacrosse edges North Carolina 9-8 in ACC semifinals
The Syracuse men's lacrosse team didn't win a high-scoring game against North Carolina earlier this season. It fared better in a low-scoring affair in the ACC semifinals.
- West Genesee rolls over C-NS, Class C power Cazenovia up next
After winning seven games in a row, Cicero-North Syracuse boys lacrosse dropped its second straight on Friday night to West Genesee . David Procopio scored three goals and two assists and Ryan McDonald had a hat trick as well.
- No. 4 Syracuse (9-2, 2-2) vs. No. 2 North Carolina (12-2, 3-1) GameThread
UNC, Notre Dame, and Syracuse are all playing for that number one seed. For these three programs, win the ACC and you win the #1 spot in the NCAA Tournament .
- Syracuse lacrosse vs. North Carolina (ACC Tournament semifinals): Live updates, fan chat
The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Syracuse Media Group
- An Oswego natives search for birth parents takes off on social media
... he always knew he was adopted. Aside from that, he knows very little, only that he was born to teenage parents at a Syracuse area hospital on March 23, 1981. His mother was 14 at the time and his father was 17. All these years later, he decided it ...